Our 3rd grade library classes focus on:
- Developing research skills, including learning how to choose appropriate sources and gaining experience with organizing and presenting information
- Broadening exposure and appreciation of literature, including poetry, folktales, and biographies
- Learning the basic components and necessity of a bibliography
- Furthering familiarity of using various reference materials to locate information
Library Activity - Week of March 30
- April is National Poetry Month!
- Open the Poetry Menu and choose one or all of the activities to work on over the course of the week.
- Please share anything you feel comfortable sharing - I miss you guys and would love to hear from you!
Library Activity - Week of March 23
- This week we are going to practice with one of our Reference tools - the dictionary! If your house is like mine, you might not have a book version of the dictionary, but this is a great online kids dictionary
- Go to the online dictionary and look up the following words: meander, awe, savor, throb, glisten. Write the definitions down.
- Watch my message and read aloud - see if you can hear where these words are used in the story. Do your definitions make sense?
- OPTIONAL: Go back to WordCentral and click on the Games tab. Play one or more the word games. My favorite was the Jumble Kids - I used to do these in the newspaper when I was your age!
Library Activity - Week of March 16
- This week we are going to Read Across America! Click here for an interactive United States map that includes read alouds, trailers, or important events from each state in the country. Make sure to click the "Present" button to view it in presentation mode. Choose 3-5 states to visit (you can do more if you'd like!)
- OPTIONAL: Add to my padlet if you want to share one of the states you visited, and why you liked it. Maybe your recommendation will inspire another student to check your state out!